Celebrating Excellence – Apply for the 2016 Core Values Awards!
Yes, it is that time of year again. It is time to APPLY for the IAP2 USA Core Value Awards: Celebrating the Best in Public Participation.
IAP2 USA’s premier Core Values Awards recognize and encourage projects and organizations that are at the forefront of public participation. The Awards were created to promote excellence, quality and innovation in public participation. Embedding the IAP2 Core Values in organizations and projects that demonstrate leading practice is a key focus for the Awards.
We are pleased to be able to announce that we have some new categories for 2016 thanks to the feedback we received from you. So please consider applying for the :
2016 Core Values Awards: Categories
- Project of the Year
- General Project
- Project exemplifying attention to Diversity, Culture and Inclusion – New in 2016
- Project demonstrating Creativity and Innovation – New in 2016
- Research in Public Participation
- Organization Exemplifying Participation
We are always amazed at the caliber of the work that is done both here in the U.S. and around the world. Learn more about the 2015 U.S. winners and check out the international 2015 Showcase. THIS COULD BE YOU IN 2016!
Winners will be announced at the Core Values Awards Gala at the North American Conference in Montreal, Canada, September 29, 2016.
So not only do we have some new award categories but, we are also shaking up the process of applying. We have heard from several of you that BEFORE you put in the time and energy to fill in the application you would like to know if your project would be eligible. So if you are wondering about this we encourage you to send us a short LETTER OF INTENT.
However, you are also welcome to skip this process and go directly to the Applicant’s Kit.
Letter of Intent
Please submit a short Letter of Intent (approximately 1 page/450 words) outlining the information below to: IAP2 USA Executive Manager, Amelia Shaw – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Letter of Intent submissions is – Thursday, April 28th at 4 pm Pacific
By May 11 you will be notified if you have been invited to submit a full application for consideration. The Full Application will be due by Friday, June 10th. Information on the final application is contained in the Applicant’s Kit.
What is required in the Letter of Intent?
- Please describe your public participation project and/or your team/organization*. What were the topics or issues under consideration? Who was involved in planning, implementation and evaluation? What were the primary outcomes and how did you measure success? (250 words max)
- The primary goal of the Core Values Awards is to recognize excellence in projects that clearly demonstrate and advance all of the IAP2 (USA) Core Values in public participation. For this letter, please select two of the Core Values and describe how your project/team/organization exemplified these values. (200 words max) (Please keep in mind, if invited to submit a full application you will need to address all of the Core Values).
* Project and team/organization for project based awards and team/organization for the organizational award.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: email@example.com