Certification Pilot Project Up and Running – Apply Today!
It’s here! After two years of development, IAP2 USA is proud to present the pilot professional certification program. Be one of the first IAP2 Members to apply for this brand new certification program for P2 professionals, and help us fine tune the certification process.
In September 2015, IAP2 USA will conduct a pilot for the new professional certification program. The assessment process was developed by a task force of IAP2 members from USA, Canada, and South Africa in consultation with our membership. The program offers a 2-level certification award: Certified Public Participation Professional and Master Certified Public Participation Professional. Credentials are awarded upon completion and evaluation of a 3-step assessment of candidates, based on 5 core competencies that were identified through the membership consultation process.
- Download and review the information kit
- Step 1: Submit an application
- Step 2: Prepare a response to a case study
- Step 3: Attend an in-person assessment
Learn more online by clicking here.
We’ve developed a detailed information kit that outlines the process for applying, available here. Please review the kit carefully and let us know if you have any questions before applying. Here is some key information:
- Eligibility: All IAP2 members in good standing who have completed the 5-day IAP2 Foundations in Public Participation (formerly Certificate Course) are eligible.
- Cost: $225 for application review; $2925 to participate in case study and Assessment Center (upon invitation after submitting your application).
- Applications open: June 25, 2015
- Applications close: July 20, 2015
- Pilot Assessment Center: September 11-12, 2015 (in Portland, following the 2015 IAP2 North American Conference
Contact us at email@example.com – we would be pleased to help.
We look forward to your participation in the exciting new program for IAP2 USA!