From the Board: Leah Jaramillo, President-Elect
This is truly an exciting time to be an IAP2 USA member! April is full of opportunities and we hope you’ll take advantage of a few of them. Our President, David Hovde, is in Italy representing the US affiliate at the Federation level. (Expect an update on Federation news next month.) In the meantime, I’m pleased to share our affiliate’s great offerings and status updates on a lot of work happening behind the scenes.
- Our new Mentorship program has launched, providing opportunities for mentors and mentees alike, so participate!
- With a record 80+ proposal submissions, there are sure to be many interesting panels at the 2015 North American Conference. The conference committee is finalizing the conference program now and the super early bird registration rate ends April 30th register now.
- Apply for the Core Values Awards. Please think about your nominations now!
- A wide offering of great training opportunities is available at the Skills Symposiumin Minneapolis next month. There are so many great offerings; I’d like stay all week. Sadly, I had to pick just one, but I am excited to brush up my skills in the Emotion and Outrage training. Course registration is open until April 27, when courses will be pared down, so register for your favorite course now. I hope to see you there!
- Lastly, our Annual General Meeting is scheduled for April 22 – register here. I sincerely hope you’ll join us to hear more updates on committee and chapter activities, certification status, new program development and more.
I hope you’ll take advantage of these great opportunities to interact with other IAP2 USA members and participate in our great organization. See you in Minneapolis!