Content Team: Please Join Our Next Call, November 30
Following our kick-off back in August, the content team is doing another conference call:
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
at 1pm Pacific Time
Duration: up to 60 minutes
On the agenda:
- Complete the process of getting everyone set up on their preferred platforms (Wild Apricot, WordPress, various social media sites)
- Discuss everyone’s content interests and availability
- Develop work plan through early 2012
Details are still emerging, but based on our discussions at the Board meeting in Wisconsin, it looks like we’ll start to differentiate between the following three or four committees/teams:
- P2 content: Responsible for the development and curation of high-quality, durable content such as case studies, checklists, best practices etc.
- Strategic communications: In charge of developing and managing a communications plan for the organization, including PR efforts (e.g. press releases).
- Web publishing: This team would take all incoming content (from the Board, committees, chapters and third parties) and make sure it gets pushed out at the right time to the right audiences via the appropriate channels (website, blog, social media).
- Email newsletters: We have already established our monthly monthly member newsletter as a key part to our communications strategy but want to make it a lot better. This team would oversee the production and delivery of the monthly member newsletter and — provided there is enough bandwidth — start exploring opportunities for a new public newsletter in 2012.
If you are interested in contributing in any of these areas, please let us know, and we’ll make sure to invite you to the call.
It’s been a bit of a challenge to really kick things into gear but with more concrete ideas for the kind of support we need it should be much easier now to match your skills, interests and availability in the best possible way. Whether you can commit to some level of ongoing support or whether you prefer working on a project-by-project basis, we have plenty of opportunities to get you involved.